[FFmpeg-user] Splitting a video in chunks with the same size

Celso Coutinho 20.celso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:07:37 CEST 2016

Please find my answers below (to both of you)

On 8 June 2016 at 11:01, blubee blubeeme <gurenchan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote a script to do this exact same thing. I will post it to this list
> when I get back to my machine.

Thank you :)  waiting for it :)

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016, 16:56 Henk D. Schoneveld <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>

> > On 08 Jun 2016, at 10:39, Celso Coutinho <20.celso at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I want to be able to split a file in chunks with the same (previously
> > > defined) size (except the last chunk, of course). I have been trying
> > > several commands but without much success.
> > Out of curiosity, what is the reason for wanting same-sized chunks ?
> > Same-time chunks is what mostly is used.

I am trying to upload a video to FB, using their graph API (link below).

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/video-uploads#transfer

And in order to do so, I have to split the videos in chunks with the same
size.