[FFmpeg-user] Original display aspect ratio is not copied to output

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Jun 12 11:16:29 CEST 2016

Le quintidi 25 prairial, an CCXXIV, Dr. Johannes Zellner a écrit :
> I wouldn't have called it a bug. I just hoped that there was an option to
> copy all metadata from the input to the output file.

The sample aspect ratio is not metadata.

> but still the input video stream "Original display aspect ratio" wasn't
> copied to the output file.
> btw. the input file was generated with avidemux.

Quoting your other message:

>     Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv), 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], max. 15000 kb/s, SAR 1:1 DAR 5:4, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)

You can observe there are two contradictory aspect ratios. FFmpeg uses the
one from the format, since it is easier to change.

> Am 2016-06-11 14:31, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

Please remember that top-posting is forbidden on this list. If you do not
what it means, look it up.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George