[FFmpeg-user] White Padding Looks Gray

Morgan Bellinger mbellinger at stitchfix.com
Mon Jun 13 19:26:41 CEST 2016

Brilliant! Your second solution works. I had previously tried yuv420p
without success. Here's my new working command line:

ffmpeg -i p.MOV -vf
"format=yuv420p,transpose=2,pad=1920:1920:420:color=white,format=yuvj420p"
c.MOV

Thanks so much for your help.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:53 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Morgan Bellinger <mbellinger <at> stitchfix.com> writes:
>
> > Whenever I run this command, however, I get a light gray instead
> > of white in the padding area.
>
> This is because of a bug in the pad filter, I opened ticket #5633.
> Workarounds are either to specify -pix_fmt yuv420p or a more
> complicated filter chain similar to:
> format=yuv420p,pad,format=yuvj420p
> (The pad filter claims to support yuvj4xx but produces incorrect
> output.)
>
> Sorry for yesterdays comment, Carl Eugen

*Morgan Bellinger, Digital Technician*
mbellinger at stitchfix.com

731 Market Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94103