[FFmpeg-user] Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?):

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 04:08:57 CEST 2016

> I've tried all combinations for codecs mpeg4 libx264 also webm libvpx
> with the same negative results

The same command line you provided, with matroska replacing mp4 works fine
for a standard input file:​
>ffmpeg -i lp_e1m3_a.mkv -f matroska -c:v mpeg4 -listen 1 http://0.0.0.0:80

​Only differences here:
 - I'm using an input file, as setting an rtp server just to test this is
silly
 - I'm not providing an address to listen from
 - Using mp4 as a container gives the exact same error you have anyway

Using the above command, I was able to see the stream from VLC with no
issue.