[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg make failure in Linux Mint 17.3

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jun 22 20:12:45 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 06:35 PM, Joe Reagan wrote:
> Hello ffmpeg-user.
>
> Running Linux Mint 17.3 (32 bit).  Attached is the config.log after the
> make command failed.  I followed several commands lines from an online
> article and all worked great until the last step.  For reference:
> http://blog.gorwits.me.uk/index.html%3Fp=577.html

I think it's a bad idea to follow random, dilapidated articles from
2011.

> And I did perform the Git download as instructed, so I assume it would be
> the latest.

As far as I can tell it instructs the user to download FFmpeg 0.8.3
which is half a decade old.

> The Linux install is pretty new, less than a week old, so it's not
> polluted with a bunch of trial and error activity residuals (if you know
> what I mean).

If you followed that guide it is polluted now. I recommend undoing
everything.

> Anyway, I thought it was my duty to provide some feedback regarding a
> failed Make.

It might be easiest to simply download an already compiled
ffmpeg binary from: http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

I CCd you since you are not subscribed but there are other replies too.
Refer to the archives:
<https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2016-June/032524.html>