[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg XDCAMHD422 streamcopy ClosedGOP problem

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:17:40 CEST 2016

Hello Carl,

good hint.

But I have made some tests. And this raises another question:

A conventional Start of an XDCAMHD422 file has this GOP structure (closed):

B.B.I.B.B.P.B.B.P.B.B.P.B.B.I......

After FFMpeg has cut out a clip, because FFmpeg always cuts at I_frames
(doesn matter which -ss position I give, it always cuts at the nearest
I_frame):

I.B.B.P.B.B.P.B.B.P.B.B.I......

Is it possible to force FFmpeg to cut 2 frames BEFORE an I-Frame
(streamcopy)?
To get a cutout file with the first GOP structure like this:
B.B.I.B.B.P.B.B.P.B.B.P.B.B.I......

Is there a syntax to do so?

Best Regards

Christoph