[FFmpeg-user] Multicasting to 2 different output channels

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 29 15:31:42 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:20:49 -0700, Praveen wrote:
> Youtube live and Facebook live simultaneously. One option i was thinking
> of is to send a unicast stream using ffmpeg on to a ffserver and from
> there multicast to two different output streams (one each for Youtube
> lice & Facebook live respectively). Is this possible ? If so, can
> someone give me hints please ?

I would rather have suggested to let one ffmpeg instance create two
outputs. This is either by specifying two output targets (each with
their own encoding options), or by using the the tee muxer. In the
first case, ffmpeg would be encoding twice in parallel; in the second
case, ffmpeg would encode only once, but both YouTube and Facebook
would need to accept the same codec options.

To repeat Reuben's request: Could you share the details of streaming to
Facebook? Thanks.

Moritz