[FFmpeg-user] Lost h/w vdpau UHD level 5.2 h264 since avconv_vdpau: use the hwcontext API to simplify code merged.

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:50:39 CET 2016

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> IIRC vdpau doesn't even go up to level 5.2 but before
>> below merge it worked for me.
>>
>> Now it just silently falls back to s/w while still
>> throwing the threads warning.
>
> Please open a new ticket providing as much information
> as possible in the ticket description, this includes at
> least the failing command line, console output for
> current FFmpeg git head, the commit that broke the
> feature and a (short) explanation of what goes wrong.

I'll investigate more.

It still works via mpv so I think it's just that ffmpeg cli
has got strict again WRT the silly situation that vdpau info
reports level 4.1 for my h/w.

I can change this, but last time I looked vdpau spec only went up to
5.1 and I need 5.2 - hence why players and previously ffmpeg cli learned
to ignore that info.