[FFmpeg-user] Screen capture without sound

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Fri Mar 4 16:58:32 CET 2016

Am 04.03.16 um 12:28 schrieb 桃源老師:

>> 2016/03/04 8:07 A.M. Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:
>> 桃源老師 <xanadu6291 <at> dream.jp> writes:
>>
>>> I can get sound with preset ultrafast.  But if I playback
>>> result video with ffplay, the speed of video and audio is
>>> too fast.
>>
>> Please test without the scale filter (only crop) or
>> reduce the screen resolution.
>
> Unfortunately, with above condition, I can't get good audio.
>
> I'm now thinking desktop recording with ffmpeg is not possible yet...
>
> FYI
> My hardware spec is as follows:
> MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch、Early 2013)
> Processer: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
> Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
> GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
> Display resolution : 1440 x 900

The avfoundation device is under reconstruction. It includes cooperation
with several people and it seems it is not on the edge of being finished.

For the time being you might checkout "avf2" or "avfarc" branch on my
github repo:

https://github.com/thiloborgmann/FFmpeg

The avf2 implementation is far superior to what is currently in FFmpeg
but I cannot guarantee that all your problems are solved.

If needed you should easily be able to rebase all the patches there to
current FFmpeg git HEAD.

-Thilo

p.s. Audio frame drops happen more often the more video processing you
do during capturing. Thus all video processing should preferably be done
after capturing.