[FFmpeg-user] capturing television rtp

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 7 09:18:55 CET 2016

juan carlos Rebate <nerus492 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> my Internet provider also offers me television (rtp), I have used
> ffmpeg to capture a documentary with a duration of one hour,
> transmitted atraves of one of these channels.
> I have tried to preserve the codec of video and the quality, have
> tried to select the audio codec like mp3, I have tried to eliminate
> the audio track that was not of interest and have tried to eliminate
> the subtitles track to reduce the size of the file, nevertheless I
> obtain multiple bugs that I believe they are related to the audio,
>
> >ffmpeg -i imput1.ts -vcodec libxvid -b:v 2282 -acodec mp3
> -ac 0 -sn output1.avi

You write in your subject that you need support with
rtp but your command line does not relate to rtp (afaict).
You write above that you tried to preserve the video
codec but your command line contains "-vcodec libxvid".
You write that you get "multiple bugs related to audio"
but you don't explain what kind of bugs you get.
I don't think "-ac 0" can have any useful effect.

> I have realized the input of the following departure:

And I don't understand this sentence.

I don't think it is easily possible to give "good answers"
no matter how often I read your mail.

Carl Eugen