[FFmpeg-user] Building FFmpeg with OpenJPEG 2.0

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 24 01:34:10 CET 2016

Am 24.03.2016 um 01:20 schrieb Emre Besirik:
> What I don’t get is; why do you think it is more cluttering when top-posting???

because in a technical discussion with several replies of different
peoples you need to find out what the response is taling about

you need to write much more text to make clear what you refer to

you lose the context to all the existing replies

the reader needs to scroll up and down to look what you are talking
about while having quotes above make it pretty clear

> I just did top-postinghere and it is not cluttered?

this mail is hardly something where technical details are discuseed
foreards and backwards refer to answers of several people

> I think this rule of yours from 80’s or 90’s where email clients are dumb enough that they can not auto collapse?

bullshit - sorry - there is no nicer word

> Why should normal mails and list mails differ, its all just mail?

because in business communication i need usually *the whole
communication* in the last mail to print it out or prove years later
easily what was decided and how that decision was made

in a technical discussion that's hardly needed

in a technical dicussion you want that piece you refer to just directly
above including the relevant parts what other people said and vizualized
how the corrent state of discussion came about with stripped not
relevant quotes