[FFmpeg-user] --extra-ldflags not working

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 20:33:50 CEST 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > > Thanks. The complete configure line is:
> >
> > . $ ./configure --enable-libopenjpeg
> > --extra_cflags="-DHAVE_OPEN_OPENJPEG_2_1_OPE
> > And the output is simply:
> >
> > ERROR: libopenjpeg not found.
> >
> > If you think configure made a mistake
>
> > etc etc etc
>
> So you really do believe the text that gets printed
> serves no purpose? That we put it there because
> we thought printing a few lines of useless
> gibberish is better than no output?
>
> And you do believe that when I ask people for
> "complete, uncut console output" or, in your case,
> "everything configure prints" I am not doing it to
> make sure my answer actually helps you but just
> to make your life more difficult?
>
> Please post the tail of config.log

My apologies, I assumed these lines were just boilerplate code, known by
the experts.

I ended up figuring this one out:  /user/local/lib contained both a static
.a library and a shared .so
library, with the same root name (libopenjp2). So, the library check in
configure was picking the shared library and then failing
on that one. When I deleted the shared library, everything worked.

So, next question - is there a way of forcing the library check to choose
the static library over the shared one?

Thanks for your help and Happy Easter,
Aaron