[FFmpeg-user] --extra-ldflags not working

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 20:58:17 CEST 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
wrote:

> Am 27.03.2016 um 15:53 schrieb Aaron Boxer:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 27.03.2016 um 15:23 schrieb Aaron Boxer:
>>>
>>> Dear List,

>>> .a files are for static linking
>>> .so files are for dynamic linking
>>>

>> --enable-static --extra-cflags='-I/usr/local/x264'
>>> --extra-ldflags='-I/usr/local/x264 -L/usr/local/x264 -ldl'
>>>
>>> Thanks, but linking is not the problem. The problem is locating the .a
>> file.
>> I did try --enable static, but doesn't help
>>

> what about read the other parts of my reply?

Ahhh, sorry, missed that one.   That will really help me, because i would
rather link to the shared
version, rather than the static.

So, I tried adding  -ldl,
but when I look in config.log, I see

/usr/local/lib/libopenjp2.so Undefined reference to `dlopen`
/usr/local/lib/libopenjp2.so Undefined reference to `dlclose`

Now, my library uses the dlopen and dlclose system calls to load another
shared library.

So, it looks like I need to tell configure to link to the system library
that has the dlopen and dlclose symbols.

Aaron