[FFmpeg-user] Regarding Not support in Lollipop

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 30 20:26:13 CEST 2016

Am 30.03.2016 um 20:23 schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 30.03.2016 um 20:19 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Kandarp <kandarp <at> sandaholdings.com> writes:
>>
>>> *error:*only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
>>
>> Wrong mailing list, we cannot fix your OS;-(
>>
>> If you absolutely have to use it, you will have to
>> pass --disable-asm to configure, note that this
>> makes the libraries ridiculously slow
>
> why should using -fPIE require --disable-asm

and BTW "we cannot fix your OS" in context of
Position-Independet-Executeables is somehow luaghly - in 2016 no binary
at all should built in a way not supporting ASLR proper

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Harden_All_Packages

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30498776/position-independent-executables-and-android-lollipop