[FFmpeg-user] ffserver with libvpx-vp9 problem

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Mar 31 11:24:17 CEST 2016

Hi Azzahrah,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 07:23:23 +0700, mystream adventure wrote:

> I have problem using ffserver and libvpx-vp9, below is my ffserver.conf

I know very little about ffserver, and not much about libvpx-vp9, but:

> //for VP9
> ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="A4TECH USB2.0 PC Camera" -c:v libvpx-vp9 -pass 1
> -b:v 0 -crf 33 -threads 8 -speed 4 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1
> http://IP_SERVER:8090/feed2.ffm

a) Why are you using "-pass 1"? AFAIU it will still create an encoded
video, but it is really meant for multi-pass encoding.

b) What do you intend to achieve with "-b:v 0"? No video in the world
   can compress that well. ;-) (I'm not aware of any special semantics
   of the value '0' either.)

> 2. What the best transport method? protocol to reduce delay from 5
> second to be 1 second?

There are a lot of articles and other stuff regarding latency on the
net. I have also read that RTP is recommended as transport. (But I have
no idea, really.)

Moritz