[FFmpeg-user] Help, cannot connect to my webcam (message : Could not RenderStream to connect pins, I/O error)

김찬 ckim at etri.re.kr
Mon May 9 16:56:23 CEST 2016

 Hi,

trying to use ffmpeg to capture screen, I connected my old un-used web cam (Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 to my windows 7 notebook.

according to the directions on the web, in the ffmpeg prompt, I entered

> ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy

to see the web cam is recognized by ffmpeg. (It read "Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000")

So I endtered to record the screen,

> ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000" test.mp4

but it gave me error below :

[dshow @ 000000000046a9a0] Could not RenderStream to connect pins
video=Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000: I/O error

I looked it up on the web and tried reconnecting the web cam, and installing K-Lite codec pack for no avail.

What could be the problem? Any suggestion will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

Chan