[FFmpeg-user] stabilisation

Frank Tetzel s1445051 at mail.zih.tu-dresden.de
Wed May 11 21:16:52 CEST 2016

> when using -vf "deshake" a black frame is coming separating the
> original frame from the "interpolated" pixels along the boders.
> More like a line than a frame actually !
> Is there a way I can turn off these black lines ?

As far as i know you have to "zoom in" to get rid of the artifacts at
the borders, as Bouke already mentioned. The filter documentation[1]
actually mentions an option "edge" which sounds like what you want to
change. Try different values for that. Maybe "original" is what you're
looking for.

As an alternative to the deshake filter you can use vid.stab[2][3] which
is intregated with two filters in ffmpeg (if compiled in the right way).
It only supports 2-pass-encoding in ffmpeg. You also get some "wobble"
artifacts at the border, but it isn't that bad most often. You might
still want to crop a bit at the edges.

[1] http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#deshake
[2] https://github.com/georgmartius/vid.stab
[3] http://public.hronopik.de/vid.stab/