[FFmpeg-user] newbie help restream

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:19:01 CEST 2016

jimmy keffer wrote:
> i'm trying 2 restream an http feed back 2 my wowza server if stream
> from vlc to woza a seems ok but i use ffmeg the stream skips vand
> stops ffmpeg -i
> http://nasatv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/NASA_101@319270/master.m3u8 -vcodec
> copy -acodec copy -f mpegts udp://127.0.0.1:10000?pkt_size=1316 any
> idea why jimmy

No help I'm afraid. I agree it's not working.

If you were streaming a file to play at input rate you would use -re
before -i, but that makes things worse here.

The only way I could play when testing to lo was setting a huge cache
for the player and trying multiple times to start it (as mplayers
initial timeout is low if there's nothing incoming).

Steam plays fine directly with mpv.