[FFmpeg-user] Decklink with ffmpeg audio desync

Dpto. Datos Television Costa Blanca datos at tvt-datos.es
Fri May 20 08:14:21 CEST 2016

El 19/05/2016 a las 22:38, Reuben Martin escribió

>> El 16/05/2016 a las 22:15, Marton Balint escribió:
>>> The problem may well be that when the decklink card loses input, it
>>> provides video frames only but no audio. I am afraid you have to dig into
>>> the code, to figure out what is really going on. You can try to modify it
>>> so it only adds a video frame to its packet queue if audioFrame is not
>>> null.
> You are not going to fix this without replacing the hardware in front of
> the decklink. The matrix switching its input source is doing a hard switch.
> It's the equivalent of quickly unplugging and plugging something else in,
> so that is going to cause problems. You have to have a matrix switch in
> front of it that internally synchronizes the inputs and doesn't interrupt
> the signal when switching between them. It may have worked with analog, but
> digital is a lot more fragile to interruption.

But how can the Decklink SDI to A/V converter work perfect?
I'm not video expert or something similar, I've just need to convert the
SDI signal our TV Channel gives to me to a compatible format (in this
case mpeg2 multicast) so I can put it in our TV Headend.