[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg failing to get JSON data from file

Keith Reilly kreilly at retroreport.com
Mon May 23 19:47:24 CEST 2016

-loglevel quiet didn't give me errors. But it didn't give me any output
either. I took out that part of the command. Looked like this:

ffprobe -print_format json -show_format -show_streams file.mp4
Then i get a different error:

Unrecognized option 'print_format'
ffprobe: failed to set value 'json' for option 'print_format'

Not sure why it says Unrecognized option. Its in the documentation

https://ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html#json