[FFmpeg-user] capture HDMI input

Yevgen Voronetskyy voronetskyy at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:59:31 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have the following requirement:
1. Linux box with connected HDMI IN cable. The HDMI OUT is connected to another PC which retransmits its display state (also my linux box is like a 2nd external display)
2. I need to take this HDMI stream with ffmpeg and push it as RTP or RTMP stream with command like: ffmpeg -i MY_HDMI_IN -f flv rtmp://nginx/mystream <rtmp://nginx/mystream>

I could not find in the ffmpeg documentation the appropriate input source for HDMI. Does it exist?
Could you advise me how to achieve the desired behaviour?

Best regards,
--
Yevgen Voronetskyy