[FFmpeg-user] Concatenation of two *.mp4 files --- How?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 30 23:57:08 CEST 2016

Virgil Stokes <virgil.stokes <at> it.uu.se> writes:

> I have two mp4 files (the first (testImage.mp4 with no audio)
> created from a png file with ffmpeg

I suspect that if you don't want to reencode, you will have to
produce the video stream together with silent audio.

But I suspect that concatenation of H264 streams that were
generated on different systems is not guaranteed to work,
so maybe reencoding is unavoidable.

Please try the concat demuxer or the concat filter, the
concat protocol does not work for mov and friends.

Carl Eugen