[FFmpeg-user] Streaming (over UDP or RTP) MPEG-TS with multiple scrambled video

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue May 31 10:17:16 CEST 2016

On 2016/05/31 3:03, Simon Defayette wrote:
> Ok, I thought it could extrapolate from the PCR.

After fiddling with TS sometime back, I have the impression that FFmpeg
is not the best tool to stream recorded TS if you want it to passthrough
as is.

As Henk hinted, FFmpeg will try to interpret the meaning and reconstruct
the data to some degree.
You can "-vcodec copy -acodec copy", but still other necessary info
(i.e. PCR) will be reconstructed to make it non DVB compliant regardless
it is scrambled or not.

For streaming TS files untouched, I would suggest you look into other
software.
--
David Shimamoto