[FFmpeg-user] Unable to compile FFMPEG

Sven C. Dack sven.c.dack at sky.com
Thu Nov 3 00:02:02 EET 2016

On 02/11/16 13:09, Dev Android wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I'm trying to use ffmpeg in my app. I followed following link to
> configure ffmpeg on my system but it ends with an error.
> http://www.roman10.net/2013/08/18/how-to-build-ffmpeg-with-ndk-r9/
>
> It gives produces error log as
>
> Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
> is unable to create an executable file.
> C compiler test failed.
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
> solve the problem.
> Makefile:2: config.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:67: /common.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:109: /libavutil/Makefile: No such file or directory
> Makefile:109: /library.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:111: /doc/Makefile: No such file or directory
> Makefile:198: /tests/Makefile: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `/tests/Makefile'.  Stop.
> Makefile:2: config.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:67: /common.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:109: /libavutil/Makefile: No such file or directory
> Makefile:109: /library.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:111: /doc/Makefile: No such file or directory
> Makefile:198: /tests/Makefile: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `/tests/Makefile'.  Stop.
> Makefile:2: config.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:67: /common.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:109: /libavutil/Makefile: No such file or directory
> Makefile:109: /library.mak: No such file or directory
> Makefile:111: /doc/Makefile: No such file or directory
> Makefile:198: /tests/Makefile: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `/tests/Makefile'.  Stop.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.

... Looking forward to your "config.log" file!!

You could look into it yourself by the way. Your configure script couldn't even
compile a simple test program. You'll likely have a broken build environment or
made some other obvious mistake. Anyhow, the missing "config.log" file will show
the exact error.