[FFmpeg-user] Issues with framerate read for wmv2 file

Mark Huang mmhmmh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:27:53 EET 2016

Hi Carl,

Thanks for answering my question. I tried using a forced frame rate using
option "-r 30" and it seems to fix the issue. Out of curiosity, ffmpeg
outputs the framerate as:

    Stream #0:1(eng): Video: wmv2 (WMV2 / 0x32564D57), yuv420p, 640x480,
> 800 kb/s, SAR 1:1 DAR 4:3, 1k tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc

I assume that means 1000 fps? Is it that for the variable framerate wmv2
case ffmpeg doesn't use that field for doing the forced framerate
conversion?

Also I am not familiar with the asf container/format, is that the technical
term for wmv2?

Thanks
-Mark