[FFmpeg-user] RTSP/H.264 stream - errors, smearing

Keith Thelen thelen at keyc.com
Sat Nov 5 04:17:31 EET 2016

On Nov 5, 2016, at 3:15 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Please provide an elementary stream.

I thought that was what I provided. Perhaps I was wrong!

> How do you mean that?

“as far as I know” - which clearly isn’t too far ;-)

So that I understand, you were requesting I run:
ffmpeg -i input -vcodec copy out.h264

…where “input” would be the path or URL for my input stream, “-vcodec copy” would specify to copy the video data as-is, and “out.h264” would be the output filename. Am I right so far?

If so, then I’d run a command that looks like this:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://10.12.1.71/stream1 -vcodec copy out.h264

Again, I assume I’m following. Please correct me if I’m not understanding what you’re saying.

As an example, the command I ran to produce the aforementioned file “mankato.ts” was:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://10.12.1.71/stream1 -vcodec copy -t 180 /tmp/mankato.ts

To my eyes, the only differences are that I specified a duration for recording (180 seconds), and gave the file a different name. Would either of those changes have adversely affected the output?

Sorry to lay out such simple things… I just want to be sure I’m understanding what you’re saying.

-----
Keith Thelen
KEYC News 12
thelen at keyc.com