[FFmpeg-user] Segmentation fault with tee and fifo muxers

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:41:32 EET 2016

Hi!

> On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 00:26:03 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Not reproducible with file output?
>
> No. If I replace either of the rtmp:// with "file:file1", I see no
> issues.

Ok.

>> > list". None of this occurs - never! - with gdb attached. :-(
>>
>> Use valgrind instead, you may have to force a very (!) small
>> resolution.
>
> I'm really no good at valgrind. I needed to recompile
> because my ancient version saw illegal instructions.

Try (without valgrind) with -cpuflags 0
If it still crashes, you can use -cpuflags 0 with valgrind (which
will avoid the illegal instruction).
No valgrind update from your distribution?

> D'uh. I assume, first of all,
> memcheck (default) is the tool to use. The only option I see
> to change resolution is "--leak-resolution=low|med|high".
> But whatever I do, I see no crashes running under valgrind.

No, I meant you have to reduce the resolution of your ffmpeg
encode above with -s qcif or similar because valgrind is more
than a magnitude slower than your cpu.

Carl Eugen