[FFmpeg-user] building vidstab toolchain for android

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 23:56:52 EET 2016

> I'm trying to build ffmpeg with libvidstab but when I enable the
> --enable-libvidstab parameter I have an error like this one
>
> ERROR: vidstab not found using pkg-config

This is the relevant line from config.log:
> /home/angelo/android-21-toolchain-x86/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-linux-android/4.9.x/../../../../i686-linux-android/bin/ld: error: cannot find -lvidstab

Where did you install libvidstab?

> I compiled vpx without problem but I cannot enable this lib.
> Moreover in the online documentation these parameters
> are omitted but are mandatory to work
> --enable-filter=vidstabdetect
> --enable-filter=vidstabtransform

No, only if you are using --disable-everything which is a debug
option that you are not supposed to use at all.

Note that your configure line looks broken, for example
using --target-os=linux if you want to build for Android
does not make sense to me.

configure allows you to specify (for example):
--enable-demuxer=matroska,image2

Could you elaborate why you are using --enable-pic?
Does it provide any advantages?

> I atteached also the config.log
> can you help me it's more than 2 weeks that I'm trying to
> build ffmpeg for android and it's a mess!

You could have asked two weeks ago:
I build for Android from time to time and never saw
an issue so far.

> *[This e-mail and any attachment are confidential

This makes no sense when sending a message to a
public mailing list, please remove it.

Carl Eugen