[FFmpeg-user] unable to capture desktop session using x11grab on debian jessie with ffmpeg 3.1.4

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:31:51 EET 2016

> I'am trying to capture my X11 desktop sessoin using ffmpeg, but the same
> command capture nothing on my new Lenovo T450 laptop running Debian
> Jessie.

While Debian is now very up-to-date, please understand that we can only
support current FFmpeg, there are (several iiuc) Debian support resources.

> The command I used was:  ffmpeg -loglevel debug -s 1366x768 -f x11grab
> -i :0.0 -c libx264 -crf 28 -preset ultrafast /tmp/output.mp4
>
> And the detailed output of ffmepg at:  http://pastebin.com/rM8QvkQm

For future questions: Please remember not to use external resources
for the console output, paste it in your email.

Please test current FFmpeg git head, an improvement was committed
recently.

Carl Eugen