[FFmpeg-user] write time and date to error message

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Nov 13 13:41:38 EET 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 11:11:42 +0100, Jonathan Baecker wrote:
> Is there a way to write the date and time to the process info, like this:

I don't think so. A patch is welcome, perhaps.

> I try it with sed, but this don't work in real time. (sed
> "s/^\[mp/$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %T") \[mp/g").

Calling the program "date" on every line of output is likely to be too
slow. You need a wrapper in a language which has its own
gettimeofday(). I'm sure such wrappers already exist (I have even
written my own in Perl actually). Check this:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/21564/3974309

Moritz