[FFmpeg-user] x264 preset (speed) question

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Nov 21 12:51:38 EET 2016

Le primidi 1er frimaire, an CCXXV, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> >> Note that this is not the x264 mailing list.
> >> (Assuming you can reproduce with the x264 binary.)
> > Yes, i can. Didn't even know there was a separate mailing list.
> > *sigh*. What a fragementation.
> As in: Why are Bosch and Mercedes two different companies?

I think a better analogy would be: "Didn't even know there was a
separate desk for electoral roll, different from the desk for taxes.
*sigh* What a fragmentation."

From the point of view of the user, a single desk where you can go with
all your problems is better.

But of course, expecting the desk attendant to be competent for
questions about both taxes and electoral roll and in fact anything else
is just ridiculous.

And if you are rich, you can hire a secretary to handle all your
problems.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George