[FFmpeg-user] x264 preset (speed) question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 21 23:59:38 EET 2016

Am 21.11.2016 um 22:54 schrieb Toerless Eckert:
> I thought the bosch/mercedes example was fitting. I was under the
> impression that fmpeg exists because users are sick and tired of
> dealing with the variety of components individually. What was this heap of
> software packages from doom9 15 years ago to encode media, can't quite
> remember

thats's all fine - but why do you think ffmpeg is using a ton of
libraries for a ton of special tasks? becaus enobody can be a expert for
all the video related stuff at one

so when you have a *specific* question aks at the *specific project*

you can try it here - maybe you get a answer - but if you get "that's
not ffmpeg" just suck it instead play silly "i didn't know that my apple
did not grow at the same three as my orange"

what is there to discuss?

ffmpeg != x264 != glibc != gcc != nss != random library