[FFmpeg-user] (de)-interlacing question

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Wed Nov 23 04:38:34 EET 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:59:33PM +0100, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> When using "-deinterlace", ffmpeg inserts a yadif filter, btw.

Muchas Gracias!

> > Any deinterlacer thats parallelized like the codecs (x264 etc..) ?
>
> $ ffmpeg -filters | grep -E '^..S.*inter'
> shows me that those three filters which contain "deinterlace" in their
> short description (I'm too lazy to search further) do support slice
> threading.

 ... kerndeint         V->V       Apply kernel deinterlacing to the input.
 ... mcdeint           V->V       Apply motion compensating deinterlacing.
 T.. nnedi             V->V       Apply neural network edge directed interpolation intra-only deinterlacer.

 TS. bwdif             V->V       Deinterlace the input image.
 TS. w3fdif            V->V       Apply Martin Weston three field deinterlace.
 TS. yadif             V->V       Deinterlace the input image.

mcdeint and nnedi are interesting but painful due to not being parallelized.

Cheers
    Toerless