[FFmpeg-user] Developer "cehoyos" closed my bug without any explanation, and without solving it

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:50:34 EEST 2016

> Has anyone actually looked at the MP4 file, BrokenVideo-8min.mp4?

> It was written with a video track timescale of 0

The uploaded file BrokenVideo-8min.mp4 has a video track timescale of
10000000, exactly as the input file from the conversion.

(If I set it to 0, playback fails with every software.)

> a track duration of 0 and due to that, outrageous packet durations.
> Regardless of the quality of input (which I'm sure was bad), the muxer
> should still be able to detect that something is obviously wrong. In this
> case, the muxer should probably just fail with an error.

> No reasonable person should expect MP4s written this
> way to work correctly.

The file works fine with every software tested so far except QT,
this includes vlc, MPlayer, xine, GStreamer and WMP (which
contrary to what was claimed here all use different demuxers
afaik).

Carl Eugen