[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg without SecIdentityCreate API

joshsloat jsloat at articulate.com
Wed Oct 19 16:27:05 EEST 2016

Thanks Moritz and Phil. You are precisely correct as to why I posted the question where I did.

>how about learning to use your mail client?

Good grief, Reindl.  Comments like these are precisely why every conversation on the Internet devolves into a flame war. No help, no value, just misguided missiles.

Back to the topic at hand - has anyone here had luck coming up with a build configuration that has successfully navigated Mac App Store approval? I have gone to Apple with this problem and they simply said: "you may want to consult with the developers of the third party framework, FFmpeg. While App Review cannot provide technical assistance, we have seen developers find solutions while using this third party framework.”

It appears that it is, in fact, possible - just a matter of finding the right switches.

Josh