[FFmpeg-user] ffserver removal

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Fri Sep 16 17:18:08 EEST 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:30:29AM +0200, Michael Fritscher wrote:
> Good day,
>
> thanks for the positive feedback (on-list and off-list)!
>
> I'll start next week on Clement's todo list - starting with FATE integration
> (http://ffmpeg.org/fate.html) and then trying to kill using internal API.
> After that I'll try to replace the usage of deprecated API (can I rely on
> the @deprecated flag)?
> I would be happy to get some commitment that after these steps the biggest
> and most annoying problems would be solved and ffserver could be shipped
> with ffserver again. Of cause I would still work on ffserver after reaching
> this milestone.
>
> I'll try to be rather conservative, at least for the first time until I feel
> more comfortable with the code, the architecture and the workflows.

This is getting more and more off-topic on this mailing-list. You'd better
go on the ffmpeg-devel one now, as well as the appropriate IRC channel on
freenode. Not many FFmpeg developers are following this mailing-list;
maybe write an opening mail there to introduce yourself and your plans, as
well as asking your questions on how to move on.

Thanks for your involvement in this,

--
Clément B.