[FFmpeg-user] Using SDL with live stream

Gil Yoder gil.yoder at oabs.org
Sat Apr 1 22:53:53 EEST 2017

I would like to produce a live RTMP stream and at the same time stream the
video to SDL, but I can't seem to get that to work. Sometimes the SDL window
will open for a moment, and then close before FFmpeg reports an error.

This is the command I'm using to produce the RTMP stream:

ffmpeg -hide_banner -f dshow -sample_rate 11025 -video_size qvga -i
video="HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA":audio="Microphone (Logitech USB Headset)"
-f flv -b:v 96K -b:a 16K -vf fps=fps=15 rtmp://***.*****.***/live/yoder

How can I modify the arguments to see the video with SDL?

Thanks.

Gil Yoder