[FFmpeg-user] I would like to build minimal set of FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 11:00:09 EEST 2017

> Because I didn't know  where I must ask this question, I wrote
> e-mail to this mailing-list.
>
> To avoid the patent issue, I would like to know how to build
> minimal sub-set of FFmpeg codecs.

There is no configure option to disable patented technology,
the reason is that the FFmpeg developers do not know
which technology is patented, no patents were used to
develop FFmpeg.
If you are concerned about patents, you should probably
not distribute FFmpeg (or at least ask your lawyer).

Carl Eugen