[FFmpeg-user] Extracting avc from sec file

Jim Monaco journeyman.05 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 00:53:48 EEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 3:49 PM Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 13:41:02 +0000, Jim Monaco wrote:
> > I've tried adding the bsf, but then I get this:
> > "Packet header is not contained in global extradata, corrupted stream or
> > invalid MP4/AVCC bitstream"
> > "Error initializing bitsream filter: h264_mp4toannexb"
>
> By providing the complete, uncut console output along with the ffmpeg
> command line, you could provide us with more valuable information. (Not
> everyone cares for manually reproducing, and certainly not for
> downloading 400+ MB.)
>
> The most important information in that output would have shown us that
> you - probably - use an old version of ffmpeg. That said, I actually
> downloaded a bit of your sample, and it plays and converts just fine
> (and in color!).
>
> "Works for me! (TM)"
>
> (That's why we also usually ask you to check your issue with the latest
> "development" version from git master.)
>
> Moritz

Hi  and thanks for your reply,
Apologies about the console output--I'll take another pass at this. I've
just downloaded the 4/18/2017 64-bit static version from the website (I was
using Jan 2017 before) and I'm having a similar result. The first 0:7:30
are in color, but the color gets lost after that. The console log is
length, but I'll put it into a pastebin.

I'm using the following command:
ffmpeg -i 19000500.sec -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -c:v copy output.avi

And here's the console: https://pastebin.com/34b40g6R

The result is a file that loses color about 0:7:30 into playback.