[FFmpeg-user] Filenaming convension issue for special characters while transcoding

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Aug 15 21:37:50 EEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 05:01:59 -0700, chaitanya17 wrote:
> Due to "ΓΌ" in filename its not working. If we remove same command will get
> executed. Please check attached screenshot.
> <http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/file/n4680887/ffmpeg_2.jpg>
>
> <http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/file/n4680887/ffmpeg_1.jpg>

Could you *please* not post screenshots, but instead copy/paste the
actual text into your email.

> I'm using FFMPEG for video transcoding and its working fine. But if we pass
> filename with special characters it doesn't work.
>
> Its our Client requirement to have filename with special characters (German,
> Italic, etc.)

ffmpeg has no such restriction (under Unix like OSs, I'm not sure for
others). I would guess that your PHP is already messing it up.

Now, if I had text instead of a screenshot, I would quote part of your
output and ask an additional question, but... *sigh*

Regards,
Moritz