[FFmpeg-user] remove all I Frames from a video

KE swisswiss at aol.com
Tue Dec 12 18:51:15 EET 2017

hey

i would love to cut out all the i frames from a video.
and most importantly have NO new i frames added to the output file.
i know this will break the video. but thats exactly what i want.

what i tried so far:
ffmpeg -y -i input.mp4 -filter:v "select='not(eq(pict_type\,PICT_TYPE_I))'" -v:c output.mp4

ffmpeg -y -i input.mp4 -filter:v "select='not(eq(pict_type\,PICT_TYPE_I))'" -keyint_min 999999 output.mp4

but somehow i still get i frames in the output video :(
i suspect its because ffmpeg is too smart and adds them right back in after removing them because it thinks i want them.
is there an option to get the raw video before i frames are added again? or maybe a different approach to get a video without i frames?

cheers