[FFmpeg-user] Convert to: Apple PRO RES 422 (HQ)

William Caulfield william.caulfield at contentbridge.tv
Wed Dec 27 20:45:33 EET 2017

Basic source spec for iTunes. No matter how close you got to the standard
specs, you may still be denied if the video is not created using a licensed
ProRes codec.

See here for Apple's only mention of it:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200321

Other issues will be PASP atom, fiel atom, etc.  That being said, here's
what I still use for film content:

-vcodec prores -profile:v 3 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -acodec pcm_s24le -ar 48000

But if I am specifically sending content to iTunes, I run it through
Premiere Pro.

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 23 Dec 2017 14:13, "saeed vayghani" <saeed.uni68-at-yahoo.com@
> ffmpeg.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hello guys,
>
> Our problem is about to converting videos to apple quick time format.
> The difficult part is matching output with apple recommended specification.
>

> Where is this spec from exactly? It looks very specific.

*William Caulfield *| *ContentBridge Systems*
Product Manager, Digital Media & Systems | www.contentbridge.tv
4712 Admiralty Way #533 | Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
*T* 310.405.6178 | *C* 310.405.6178 x7704 | *E*
william.caulfield at contentbridge.tv <jason.peterson at contentbridge.tv>

A GoDigital Media Group Company

*2014 Winner** - Digital Innovation Award - Entertainment Merchants
Association*
*2016 Winner** - Stratus Award "Cloud Computing" - Business Intelligence
Group*

You are important to us. World class customer service is our goal. If you
do not hear back from me in a timely manner it is likely that I'm
unavailable. In such an event please contact info at contentbridge.tv
*and* call 310.405.6178 and
enter option 2 for help and support.