[FFmpeg-user] Keeping A/V sync during telecine

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Dec 30 04:46:13 EET 2017

Hello,

Using a handy VOB, I did a conversion and created a pair of files of the
first ~2 minutes. The lack of sync is quite apparent in the last 15 seconds.

Original- https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4mw62oz62xbph3/tb-orig.mpg?dl=0
Processed- https://www.dropbox.com/s/abnockk5wht6oeg/tb-proc.mpg?dl=0
(I'll leave these up for maybe a week)

Completely uneducated guessing--
If the actual audio stream doesn't start with the video, could something is
messing with the timestamps (muxer?) instead of passing them through? I'm
not sure how to look at them.

Would it be possible to sort of force things by mixing silence from another
source with the clip's audio stream? I have no idea how the filter graph for
that would go.

Thanks,

z!