[FFmpeg-user] EVS compatible AVC Intra 100

Victor Diez victor at diez.online
Thu Feb 2 17:46:40 EET 2017

Hello all,

I finally solved this issue. First, the codec id is properly set when passing the arguments to ffmpeg directly instead of to lib264 using -x264opts.

ffmpeg10bit -i source.mxf -coder 0 -map 0 -c:v libx264 -r 25 -g 1 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -vb 100M -flags +ildct+ilme -tune psnr -color_range 2 -top 1 -avcintra-class 100 -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709 -vtag ai12 -c:a copy tmp.mxf

That generates a mxf which seems to be correct with most software but I contacted EVS and the problem is they require an mxf with just one body partition in order to work. So, using bmx:

bmxtranswrap --ps-avcihead --min-part -o target.avci100.mxf tmp.mxf

With that, EVS finally accepted the file.

Cheers,

Victor