[FFmpeg-user] Firefox supports MP4 FLAC

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Feb 13 12:56:19 EET 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:43:29 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > $ ffmpeg -i a.flac -acodec copy -vn b.mp4
>
> Complete, uncut console output missing / only
> current git head supported on this mailing list.

Or in other words: If you refer to the newest version of Firefox, you
should also test the newest version of ffmpeg (in this case really the
newest git, not the latest release).

With recent git, this is what you should be getting:
$ ffmpeg -i noise.flac -c copy noise.mp4 -y
[...]
[mp4 @ 0xb748540] track 0: codec frame size is not set
[mp4 @ 0xb748540] FLAC in MP4 support is experimental, add '-strict -2' if you want to use it.
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Experimental feature
[...]

And then instead:
$ ffmpeg -i noise.flac -strict experimental -c copy noise.mp4 -y
[... Just works.]

BTW, I did *not* quote my complete output (unlike what is asked of you), because
we're not debugging *my* ffmpeg issue.

Cheers,
Moritz