[FFmpeg-user] Bug in FFMPEG Alsa?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Feb 18 22:38:35 EET 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 20:56:25 -0800, christina zou wrote:
> 2. My ALSA bitrate is shown as 3072 kbps. This seems high - I only have a
> Pi Zero. Is this a value I can manually set?

Why is that high and why should a Pi not be able to handle a standard
audio stream? 32 bits per sample, 48000 samples per second, two
channels, that makes exactly 3072000 bits per second. There's nothing
that can (or should) be done about that, that's how uncompressed audio
works.

If you can get your ALSA device to output less bts per sample, or less
samples per second, you can reduce that rate, but I still don't
understand why.

Moritz