[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG and OCIO

DEV - VFXBOAT dev at vfxboat.com
Fri Jan 20 17:26:34 EET 2017

Our intended workflow goes like this:

Files fron shooting arrives at the lab in log files (could be slog3,
alexalogc, etc)

We create custom luts for the shooting, and keep using those luts in vfx an
posproduction.

Every artist works with the log files using the lut, and render dpx log
files.

Those dpx are then transcoded to dnxhd or prores or h264 with the lut
burned in with ffmpeg.

But, the exr rendered by maya are in linear, so, in our existing pipeline i
have to transform the exr to png using the ocioconvert api, and then
trancode those png to mov with the ffmpeg.

It would be useful, not just for me i think, to leave the color space
transformations to OCIO where we can set the rules for the transformations.

Thanks.