[FFmpeg-user] DV to SD Blu-ray

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jan 20 18:02:55 EET 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 16:32:13 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> Not any Blu-ray burners or suggestions how to use ffmpeg here? Possibly,
> how to modify the LPCM audio syntax in 3) above?

I couldn't find any more precise indicators on the required formats. I
thought it could well be 24 bits instead of 16, or big-endian instead
of little-endian. Especially that ffmpeg doesn't play the resulting
file wonders me (even tough ffmpeg does have its issues with encoding
MPEG-TS, so those may also exist for .m2ts.)

> I just want BD playback compliant (intermediate) AVC and/or mpeg2
> formats, not the BD authoring itself.,

I haven't gotten around to testing, though I do have a writer BD-RW
disks. What tool do you use to master the video onto the BD?

Moritz