[FFmpeg-user] Generating a displacement map

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 15:45:09 EEST 2017

Hi there, Moritz

If you can describe it mathematically, you may be able to use ffmpeg's
> expression system for the formula. Otherwise you would create two
> "images" which contain this displacement data, and feed them as looped
> inputs. The actual description of the map is probably up to you (and
> hugin or the lens database).
>
> The two images approach probably would be the best.
However, actually producing them from the input would be tricky.
With 4K footage there are quite a lot of pixels to track where they went.
I don't even know where to start. It would be nice if I could put a
specially crafted image through the toolchain, and then have the map at the
end to apply over and over.

> > Isometrix Acquistion Superchief
>
> Lovely title you have there. :-D

Why thank you! It's my day job. :D