[FFmpeg-user] Compile master on i686

Hans Carlson forbyta at gmx.com
Sat Jul 15 03:34:55 EEST 2017

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017, Hans Carlson wrote:

> I'm unable to compile the latest git master on an old i686 Linux
> (Fedora) system I still use.  See errors below.
>
> The last time I compiled on this system was Mar 29, 2017 and it worked
> fine. The commit ID was (247d0339ca5ddab692aee49baf43cd1324466028).

FYI.  I figured this out and submitted ticket:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6527

See the ticket if you're interested in the details.  Short answer is, a
recent change (June 21st) made it so nasm is configured before yasm.  The
nasm on my system (2.11.06) is apparently too old and doesn't properly
load config.asm, thus causing the %defines in config.asm to be ignored.